David Rogers offers a step by step approach to aligning strategy with today's pace of digital growth. While the book is more high level strategic than Leading digital
, the toolkits are invaluable to rethink how you run your digital initiatives. Most corporates run digital with a "campaign mentality" with metrics that are rooted in the traditional world. Or worse yet understanding that just having an active social media presence does not constitute transformation into digital.
Rogers illustrates every strategy in this playbook with real-world case studies, from Google to GE, from Airbnb to the New York Times. With practical frameworks and nine step-by-step planning tools, he distills the lessons of today's greatest digital innovators and makes them usable for businesses at any stage. Why I recommend this book:
Who should read this book:
- Great examples that illustrate the mindset and staying power needed to succeed in digital.
- Strategy frameworks that probably replace 80% of the work McKinsey or BCG would do for you ;)
- Step by step planning tools that you can use across your organisation.
- CEOs who spend millions on consultants to get reports that do not tell you where to get started.
- Executive teams that need to convince a team member that there is no point trying to salvage traditional business thinking any more.
- Board members and investment managers who need to help their CEOs understand and lead digital.
Buy here: https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Transformation-Playbook-Business-Publishing/dp/0231175442